The Ship Management industry faces many challenges today, forcing businesses to look for alternative ways to lower operational costs and improve supply chain efficiency. With continued globalization, there is a demand for increased flexibility that requires new levels of control.
PearlChain is a leading global provider of a fully comprehensive solution that ihas a fully integrated Ship Management software solution available.
Ship Management Challenges
- Maintenance of LPG and LNG ships can be tricky and dangerous if not done following the proper maintenance guidelines
- Documentation and communication onshore and on ship have to be in line and up to date
- Crew members have different skills, preferences and tasks to fulfill. When composing a crew, the right skills have to be aligned.
- On board supplies and repair tools have to be ready at dock in different countries. This should be manageable in one application
Critical Success factors
- Availability of collaborative, integrated real-time planning and scheduling
- Possibility to interchange data online
- Maintenance job planning taking finite capacities and constraints of resources (machine, crew memebers) into account
- The PearlChain Solution addresses the variable nature of the business, freeing up resource to focus on managing and planning activities instead of reacting to unforeseen events.
Achieved Results with PearlChain
- Replication of data whenever ship is connected to the internet, assuring the most up to date data both onshore and on board
- Integration of all existing business processes into one software application
- Document Management system allowing for report and dashboard for data analysis
- Maintenance system that uses real-time machine data to preventively plan maintenance orders for on board crew members with appropriate skills / authorizations